We are thrilled to share exciting news with you! At Red Planet, we have been busy developing the Next Generation of our flagship Odyssey application.
Odyssey NextGen will start being rolled out from our February release (2402) with programs on the Controls and Admin menus being the first to go into production. For our hosted clients, a pre-release version will be available for exploration in UAT from mid-January.
As Odyssey NextGen will be progressively rolled out throughout 2024, you will be using a combination of NextGen and existing programs during this phase. We have ensured compatibility between NextGen and existing programs to ensure a smooth transition.
For the technically minded, the entire Odyssey codebase is being migrated to Microsoft .NET 8, with the user interface using the Blazor programming language and all back-end services being rewritten to native .NET 8.
For all users, this results in a lot of advantages, including:
- Future-Proof Technology: By using the latest technology stack, applications are more future-proof, meaning they are less likely to become obsolete and will continue to receive support and updates. You’ll benefit from these regular updates that bring new features and improvements, ensuring that the software you use keeps getting better.
- Enhanced Customization: With the modern capabilities of Blazor and .NET 8, developers can create more personalized and user-centric applications, leading to a more tailored experience for you.
- More Interactive Websites: Blazor allows developers to create more interactive and dynamic web pages. So, you can expect more engaging and user-friendly Odyssey pages.
- Improved Security: Enhanced security features in .NET 8 help protect your data better. You’ll be safer from online threats and data breaches.
- Consistent Performance Across Devices and Operating Systems: Whether you’re using a computer, tablet, or smartphone, applications built with Blazor and .NET 8 work consistently and reliably across all these devices. It also means you can use the applications seamlessly whether you’re on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Transitioning to Odyssey NextGen is a breeze, as functionality remains largely consistent with the current version. Minimal training is required to ensure a smooth shift for all users.
We are delighted to commence the rollout of this latest and greatest version of our software. This marks the fourth iteration of Odyssey in our 35-year history, a testament to our commitment to innovation!
Please talk to your account manager if you have any questions! Also, if you are interested in exploring the cutting-edge features of our Odyssey software for a more efficient journey to your business, learn more about our product here: Odyssey Premium Finance Software
Discover efficiency and unlock your growth ambitions with our Insurance Premium Finance Software